Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Stokes Stomp in the Rear View Mirror

Received this email from the Stokes County Arts Council and Eddy McGee yesterday. Word is that the phone lines were smoking with people who had a great time and wanted to share their thoughts.


> Subject: Fw: Stokes Stomp
>
>
> Bryan and Alan,
> I received the message below and wanted to forward it to you. We've
> also heard from a couple from Burlington, High Point, Greensboro, and
> Pulaski, Virginia all saying the same thing, that this years Stokes
> Stomp was fantastic. (and the Burlington couple stayed at the Econo
> Lodge) Eddy McGee
> ----- Original Message -----
> From:
> To:
> Sent: Tuesday, September 15, 2009 1:35 PM
> Subject: Stokes Stomp
>
>
> I wanted to say Kudos to you and all that were involved in the Stokes
> Stomp,Festival on the Dan. That had to be the best planned festival I
> have ever attended. We are raising our 5 year old grandson and when
> my husband said bluegrass festival I was a bit leary of him getting
> bored, but not so.
> The children's area was wonderful and I do not think I have ever seen
> an area completely devoted to young ones at a festival before. But a
> really big thanks goes to the kayak guides. They were absolutely
> fabulous--tireless and patient--even with the smallest of passengers.
> That was the highlight of Ethan's day and he has talked about it ever
> since. This was our first trip there from Rockingham Co., but I do
> not think it will be our last. I think every festival organizer could
> take a lesson from your layout and organization of your festival,
> simple, but something for everyone.
> Perhaps
> the only dark cloud was the traffic getting to the parking area.
> Thanks again for a very enjoyable day, names witheld for privacy
>

I thinks this pretty well sums up the event. I will be posting a list of vendors FYI

No comments:

Post a Comment