Saturday, October 24, 2009

Digital Bootcamp

My wife and I spent three and a half hours of our Saturday in Greensboro discussing the world of digital marketing. I know this doesn't sound like the best way to spend a weekend but it was very enlightening and if the programs we are trying to put in place in Stokes County are going to be effective, I need to learn.

We learned that every application doesn't fit every business but a well thought and developed marketing plan can not exist without the digital world. We discussed why web pages are needed. The list is long but I think the most compelling one we discussed was the credibility it adds to a business.

This reinforces what Mr. Jim Morgan, Chairman of the Board of the Piedmont Triad Partnership told me earlier this week. Mr. Morgan said" I still believe that most of my business comes from word of mouth. This has changed now because after they are given my name they check me out on-line." Without this on-line prescense his clients and might go somewhere else. I think this is true for not only his business but for almost everyone that has a company in the digital world.

I will be taking the rest of the classes in the series in the hope that I can find ways to help the 500+ businesses in my county find an edge.

No comments:

Post a Comment