Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Walking the Walk after Talking the Talk

If you have been around me very much, you already know that I am passionate about what I do. You may also think that I go a little overboard on the value of web based marketing and the impact it can have on your business. This of course include social networking, pay per click advertising, etc.

I am admitting here before all the readers of this blog (both of you) that I am a relatively recent convert to the system. I fought carrying a cell phone for many years and wanted nothing to do with a blackberry, smart phone, etc. As with most converts, when the change came it was dramatic and eye opening.

I have often said that a reformed anything was scary and so it is with me. I am waging a battle, with the help of a great many good people in Stokes County assisting me, to create a better economic future for our residents. We don't have a huge budget to accomplish this. What we do have is a vision, passion for what we do and a developing game plan.

This game plan includes a web based marketing campaign that reaches out to every business, large or small that wants to participate. We will give them a listing on our web site, that is searchable by name, business type or key word search. If they don't have a web site, we will build the one! If they already have a web site but it isn't being used to it's fullest potential, we want to help. If they don't have affordable broadband, we hope to bring it to the county, with a lot of help (our commissioners approved a feasibility study yesterday that will allow us to map where broadband access is currently available and start the process on where it needs to go, how to get it there and the costs. If you see them, please tell them thank you. This may be the most important project we undertake in my lifetime, if we area successful.

Our economy is changing, as if you haven't noticed. The only way we can be competitive is if we change faster and get in front of the curve. That is exactly where we are headed. If you see me on the street and have already heard the story or don't want to hear me preach, then cross to the other side of the road. I am a convert and as my wife is fond of saying, I don't take it serious, I take it personal!

Below is a great link on how to set up a fan facebook page:

http://flyingcart.com/blog/how-to-create-a-facebook-fan-page/

No comments:

Post a Comment