Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Marketing Tid Bit: Leave them wanting More

Running a successful business has many components. The article I am posting below addresses what I think is a critical point: give more than you receive when dealing with your customers and keep them coming back for more. I am a firm believer that your best source of advertising is word of mouth. If you do a good job, your customers will tell others, either in person or on-line. It you fail to live up to expectations those same customers will tell hundreds. You have the power to control that message, based on your service, product and delivery.

How to make your customers Cheerleaders for your business.
First let me begin by apologizing for my long absence. But I am back. For those of you who do not know, I own a "bricks and mortar" cleaning company. We steam clean carpets, rugs, upholstery, tile and grout, and we are certified to do Crime Scene/ Trauma clean up. Whenever one of my people does a job, I GIVE my client something extra, FOR FREE. Something they were not expecting, for example; I will give free deodorization if they have pet stains, or do the bathroom tile along with the kitchen, or I will do the drapes for the customer. The key here is that I don't do any advertising, but I DO give my clients 10 business cards with their client code written in the corner on the back. I ask them to give these to their friends, and let them know that any work I get from their referral, will result in 10% of the job coming back to them in the form of a gift certificate to a popular local restaurant. They can take their spouse out to dinner on me. By the way, the restaurant is also a client of mine, therefore I am bring my commercial clients business, while rewarding my residential clients for bringing me new business. The beauty of this practice is that I am GIVING far more value, than the customer expected to receive, when they called. This makes them fans of my business, and aggressive cheerleaders for my company. The same practice holds in MLM, Or Internet marketing; GIVE value first, then your customers/prospects will want to follow you to see what else they can obtain from you, be it education, advice or technical savvy. Let's face it the same reason you monitor where your kids go on the internet, and who they talk to, is exactly why you need to give before you seek a return. It is Dr. Ivan Meisner's principle of "giver's gain". You need to give value before you seek to influence the decision making of others. This is because no one online really knows who you are unless they can see verifiable aspects of your life, talk to you on the phone, read your articles and gauge for themselves, the value of your training, advice, etc. This is why established internet marketing trainers like myself, give away their content. I don't charge for all of the training that I provide. I instead make small commissions of of several affiliate marketing arrangements. This way I am giving my clients value, and helping them build their business' long before they ever become clients of mine. I build a relationship with my clients before they become my clients, and it is that way that the internet becomes a tool for me while remaining a game for my kids, and wife. This is the latest in a series of articles designed to apply traditional business training to the online marketing environment, for more insights like those above, or to learn where I got my training, check out;
http://www.BusinessBuilderAutoPilot.com/?s1=emarketing To learn more sign up for the free training on my site, And I will send you a FREE bonus. Mark Acciard Owner, Business Builder Autopilot 781-424-8863

No comments:

Post a Comment